Saturday, March 28, 2009

happiest birthdays!

what a day! i had intended to post about it last night but was just too tired.

i will say, it started off as kind of a downer. i'd really wanted to be with my brother, sister, & nephew for "the big 40". but that wasn't possible this year. so i was not my usual excited self this year. my sister and i texted back and forth how much we wished i had been able to go home. "but you can't let that ruin YOUR DAY D!" i was surprised by 7a how many text messages i'd gotten. and then i got a call that turned it all around. she has no way of knowing how big a deal this was for me, but i cannot say thank you enough to Donna for calling and singing me happy birthday. since my mom passed away, it's the one thing i really really miss. and it was on my mind for yesterday. so thank you Donna (even though i know you're unlikely to ever read this) for such an awesome gift you didn't even know you gave!

i had to do the unthinkable....work on my bday. i've switched my day from from Friday to Monday and didn't think about my bday when i did that. so i opted to work a half day. i was floored when Miss Bella (and T) showed up with cake, balloons, and a song. just floored.

i had more offers than ever for lunch yesterday and all of them were sushi. so i decided to make it a girls lunch and spent it with Kate and Amy. i had every intention of doing lunch then leaving for a hike and swim some laps. Kate and Nacho had other plans. at the end of lunch Kate presented me with a card that basically said i was to hand my keys and everything over to her and follow her lead. that was easy. we spent the rest of the day at Serenitee where i got treated to a facial by my favorite Aesthetician and a massage by my favorite Massage Therapist. as usual, Kate and i had some hilarious and highly inappropriate conversations. thank you chicka! and really, Beth, it's not your fault we stayed in the whirlpool too long!

i ended with dinner at Two25. since i'd eaten there for the Bloggers Dinner Thurs, i was impressed enough to bring Nacho back for my bday. it was so worth it. as if i didn't have enough to say about them Thurs, i cannot thank Bob enough for coming over and wishing me happy bday. it's only the 2nd time we've been there, but it was nice that (1) he read the post and (2) he made the effort to put 2 and 2 together to figure out who we were and come over and talk to us. and of course, the food was AMAZING! beef tips. mmmmmmm

we ended the night with wine and cake at the house and i got to talk to my dad before all was said and done. of course no call with him is complete without his props to Nacho for putting up with me. he has no idea! thanks Silent G for capping off the night with a finally happy bday! wouldn't want it from anyone else!

thanks to everyone for all the texts, emails, and calls. everyone knows i'm passionate about bdays but it doesn't have to be a big todo. and think that's what made this one even more special. no big party, just lots of shout outs.

welcome to 40 kids. i make this shit look easy!

1 comment:

337 said...

you're 40? - the two of you defy aging...you guys barely look 30 - I mean, you still get carded all the time.

happy birthday you old fart.

The restaurant sounds good...speaking of food...you know anything about morels? Isn't it about that time? I've got a risotto recipe that calls for 'em and I don't want to do dried when we can get em locally.

Pin It button on image hover